The GVR provides ‘intelligent control’ and protection on power distribution networks, whilst offering a lifetime of trouble-free service.
- Superior, proven Fit & Forget technology with minimal maintenance
- The Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Ltd patented, single coil magnetic actuator mechanism allows the GVR to operate independently of the MV supply
- Environmentally friendly vacuum interruption produces no by-products
- The lightweight, corrosion resistant, aluminium tank makes the GVR easier to transport and install
- The EPDM or silicone bushings are tested for tracking and erosion to IEC 61109 and are resistant to damage from vandalism or mishandling
- Endurance tested to 10,000 operations
- Pole mounted or substation mounted, the GVR can be integrated into the most advanced distribution automation schemes, or can operate as a stand-alone recloser
- By using the advanced control and protection functions of the Panacea, the GVR can also be used in applications where reclosers have not traditionally been used such as closed rings and underfrequency load shedding schemes
- The 3-in-1 Recloser – the GVR can be configured to function as a Switch, Sectionaliser or Recloser by using one of the specially pre-engineered protection and control cubicles
The GVR automatic recloser is now available as a tank only option for those customers who wish to connect their own protection and control cubicles. Alternatively, customers looking for a ground-mounted solution can select our epoxy separable bushings for cable connected networks.
For Spares, Service and Repair, please click here.